Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This year we had Thanksgiving in Bella Vista with my grandparents.  I was very lucky to take off work for a few days so I could spend extra time in NWA!  I love Thanksgiving because we always have lots of fun, eat lots of good food, and I get to soak up everything my grandma knows about cooking!  Mom and I were actually informed that Thanksgiving is at our house next year so this year we really had to watch the main event of cooking the turkey.  My favorite dish of Thanksgiving is Sweet Potato Casserole.  We do not just make the basic casserole with marshmallows.....we add brown sugar, pecans, and lots of butter (Paula Deen would be proud)!  Needless to stay we were all stuffed but in a very good way!  Mom, Dad, and I also started a new tradition this year.  We had never gotten up early to experience some Black Friday sales so this year was the year we finally ventured into the madness.  We decided since I was needing some cookware for an apartment why not get a deal!  It was tons of fun and I think we started a new tradition!  This Thanksgiving I think I am especially thankful for my wonderful family!  Being away from them is hard but it makes it very special when I get to go home and spend quality time with them.  God Bless you all through this holiday season!





Dad, Mom, Me, and Matt
This picture was taken at the Fayetteville Square....every year we go to see the lights...it really gets you in the Holiday Mood!!
Sophie really wanted to be a part of the table so as soon as Granddad got up she jumped at the opportunity to join the table!
Sophie is one smart pup!  She knows she has the best odds if she sits by Granddad because he is the most likely to share his meal!  I mean how could you resist?
Here we are loading up our plates for Round 1!  
Here we are in front of our Thanksgiving spread!  Yes, it did taste as good as it looks!

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving and enjoy this Holiday Season!  Remember Jesus is the Reason for the Season and take time to praise him for the great blessings he has given you!

No comments:

Post a Comment